RE: Public land closed due to old Uranium Mines

    We are installing a gate on the opening of our mine which will be "bat friendly". The reason for the gate is the recent problem we have had with claim jumpers. They have been in the mine taking specimens, leaving trash and killing the wildlife that lives inside the mine.

    While on the topic of radon in mines, I would like to know the best way to get accurate readings in our mine. We have very good air exchange. It will completely change within 30-40 minutes so I don't believe there is much of a radon problem but I am concerned with one area that doesn't have the air flow the main audit has. This area also has a wall with about 100 sq.ft. of Autunite crystals growing on the exposed surface. Is there a meter we could use instead of one of those "home radon kits" that would give "live" readings instead of waiting for the processing of a kit? If so, what would be recommended? Any way to convert any of the older Geiger units to measure radon?

                       Thanks,

                                 Ron Dicus

                        www.GotHotRocks.com