Re: Laymans questions on hormesis and LNT

In a message dated 9/2/2003 8:42:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,

goldinem@SONGS.SCE.COM writes:

But in the field of hazardous materials, aren't the regulations based on

extrapolations from high dose lab results with no corresponding

epidemiological studies?  I may be way off base, but I thought that's the

method the EPA uses to set environmental standards for chemicals - Ames

tests extrapolated to "1 in a million" cancer risk.

I am pretty sure this is correct for more than 95% of the limits, if not

100%.

Barbara