News Article: A new place to store toxic waste?

>From another list server I subscribe to:

------------------

News

~~~~

A new place to store toxic waste? (Sep 4)

   http://physicsweb.org/article/news/7/9/3

   French geologists have established for the first

time that certain types of rocks - called aquitards -

can remain impermeable for several hundreds of

thousands of years. The result may mean that these

rocks could be used as long-term storage sites for

nuclear and other toxic wastes (B Marty et. al. 2003

Nature 425 55).

=====

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist