Re: DU

I am confused.  Do you consider DU to be radiological

weapons?  If so, then lead bullets are chemical

weapons.

--- "Rick Haaker, CHP, CIH" <radpro@aqsafety.com>

wrote:

> DU ordinance does seem to leave us in an

> inconsistent and cynical position.

> Our leaders derive great benefit from stirring up

> fear of terrorism in our

> population and from beating the drum about

> terrorists detonating a "dirty

> bomb." The degree of fear mongering is like nothing

> I have ever seen

> before. All the while we are about as likely to die

> from being struck by

> lightening as dying in a terrorist attack.  We use

> large numbers of our own

> dirty DU weapons and then claim that they are

> harmless, and not a

> radiological weapon at all.

=====

"May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist