RE: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

MessageMike:  No one I know is against being prudent.  But I think it can be

easily demonstrated that (e.g.) it is not prudent to keep all the former

inhabitants around Chernobyl from returning home because their land is

nearly as radioactive as my sister's front yard in Denver, or scare people

away from mammograms and other life-saving techniques, and from smoke

detectors that fire-chiefs say save lives, or building coal plants instead

of nuclear plants or throwing billions of dollars into Yucca Mtn when some

kids don't have school books....etc.  You know the rest.  These are all the

direct result of telling people that tiny doses of radiation will kill them.

No, you don't quite say that.  But it is a reasonable conclusion from what

is said, and reasonable people act accordingly.

No, I think the onus is on the people who claim that there is a problem,

despite evidence to the contrary.  They have cheerfully refused to accept

that burden, saying there is no evidence, but insisting we proceed as if

there were, all in the name of prudence.  That's not science.

I repeat: If you know of any good data showing deleterious effects in

organisms (not isolated cells with no defense system) from LDR, pls cite it.

NCRP and ICRP have not done so.

Ted Rockwell