RE: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

Bill, you misinterpreted my comments.

What I stated was that it is most unfortunate that some people work so hard at trying to discredit PEOPLE (e.g., by trying to ridicule them or label them quacks). Like you, I am a strong proponent of open and honest debate.

To respond to your first quote, LNT at low doses is precisely such a "hypothesis" that some people are trying to discredit. As I stated in my email, indeed, people need to question it and thrash it about.

I disagree with your statement regarding chemical carcinogens. It is generally accepted practice that threshold levels are established for most chemical toxins, with very few exceptions. It is also well-established in that field that "the dose makes the poison." That is to say, chemicals that are toxic at high dose often are beneficial (sometimes vital) at low doses. In this regard, radiation is treated quite differently (perhaps unfairly).

I am not interested in playing the victim. That is why I do not smoke, I do not routinely drink alcohol, I try to keep excess weight off, etc. Eliminating well-established risk factors is prudent, but eliminating low-doses of radiation is way down on the list even if the LNT low-dose "conjecture" were an established fact.

My opinions only. And, yes, "Curies forever".

Best regards,

Grant