RE: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

This example gets even better!

Since 1000 aspirin is dangerous, then if 1000 people take 1 aspirin someone

will "get" the dangerous results (as in collective dose or 'person-rem').

or

If "I" take 1000 aspirin over say 3 years (one a day) then I too should

expect the same dangerous results (as in chronic low dose versus acute high

dose).

In all seriousness, LNT and ALARA and collective dose ARE being mis-applied

in the regulatory arena to the detriment of the taxpayers that foot the bill

for government inefficiency and private industry cost pass-alongs.  The "R"

part of ALARA seems devoid of any common sense.  ALARA is beginning to look

like ALAP (As Low As Possible) or ALAWCD (As Low As We Can Detect) or even

ALAWCGSETPF (As Low As We Can Get Someone Else To Pay For).

My thoughts only

David Hall