Re: Rad Safe Blood Irradiator

Laura, is the output source or tube in a horizontal or vertical mounting? If anode flaking is a problem, then the mounting orientation (where the flakes fall or accumulate) might be crucial. Just a wild idea ....

Cheers,

Maury Siskel       maury@webtexas.com

==============

"Smith, Laura T. (Physics)" wrote:

> Hello,

> I would like to request a RADSAFE brain trust on an

> issue we have with our Rad Safe Blood Irradiator.

> We purchased a New Rad Safe Blood Irradiator in 2001 - which was at the time a new technology that uses

> an X-ray Tube versus the standard Cs-137 for irradiating Blood products.  Below I have listed our service

> schedule, but the summary is every 6-12 months we are forced to increase the time the of irradiation due

--------

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the

freedom to demonstrate.                       Charles M. Province