Re: Radioactive package seized

Let's do the math.  The package was reading 1000*(0.05mR/hr) = 50 mR/hr.

The limit for excepted packages is 0.5 mR/hr.

I don't think that's the issue, however.  This seems to be undeclared

hazardous material, i.e. sent in someone's luggage without the required

markinig or shipping papers.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton