ICN Pharmaceuticals Announces Sale of Dosimetry Division

Our name has changed. What hasn't changed is our dedicated staff, fully

approved NVLAP dosimeters, outstanding customer service and technical

support.

ICN Pharmaceuticals Announces Sale of Dosimetry Division

- Company Nears End of Divestiture Program -

COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ICN

Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: ICN - News) today announced that it has sold

its Personal Radiation Dosimetry Service Division to Global Dosimetry

Solutions, Inc. for $58 million in cash. The sale includes all of the properties,

assets and contracts of Dosimetry. The division sold was included in ICN

Biomedicals and previously reported as discontinued operations. Other terms

of the transaction were not disclosed.

Robert W. O'Leary, ICN's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,

commented, "We continue to execute ahead of schedule on our plans to

divest our non-core businesses. The sale of the Dosimetry division represents

yet another significant accomplishment for ICN, and provides the company

with a substantial addition to cash reserves. We are nearing the end of a

highly- successful divestiture program with only our much smaller operations

in Hungary and the Czech Republic remaining to be sold."

Earlier this year, ICN sold several non-core businesses as part of its

divestiture program. The businesses divested include the company's

manufacturing and retail pharmacy operations in Russia, its research products

and diagnostics divisions of ICN Biomedicals and the company's photonics

business. The raw materials and manufacturing operations in Hungary and the

Czech Republic are expected to be divested by the end of the year.

The Dosimetry division supplies analytical monitoring services to detect

personal occupational exposure to radiation. The service includes the

manufacturing of badges, distribution to and from clients, analysis of badges

and a radiation report that analyzes the exposure level. A wide range of

professionals utilizes the service, including dentists, veterinarians,

chiropractors, podiatrists, hospitals, universities, government institutions,

nuclear power plants, small office practitioners and others exposed to

ionizing radiation.

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc. is a newly formed company that is owned

by American Capital Strategies, LTD (Nasdaq: ACAS - News).

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/