RE: Dept. of Homeland Security S&T Programs

On 2 Oct 2003 at 11:13, Jaro wrote:

> reinforced airliner crew cabin doors -- which would definitely have

> stopped "people with box cutters."

True ONLY is the human factors are taken into account, whereby

procedurally, and under no circumstances, shall a pilot open up the

cabin door, due to fear for his flight crew or passengers.

What I find interesting, in a most negative way, is that on any

flight, one can see the pilots leave the cabin, talk to the flight

crew, where the cabin door is open. At the beginning of a flight, the

cabin door is open the entire time, and even though the aircraft is

on the ground, what is to stop one who is intent on taking over the

plane, at this moment. The only alternative to stop a  terrorist act

is for the aircraft to be shot down prior to its taking a suicide

mission.

The bottom line, not enough people, either the govt., airlines or

population, take these potential threats serious enough. Everyone

wants to go about their daily lives, not taking into account that

there are some very bad people out there, who will make us all sorry,

another day. I am sick and tired of hearing from politicians, that

nothing has happened since 9-11. Well, nothing happened at WTC

between 1993 (I think it was) and 9-11. Do you all feel secure? Do

you believe the BS we hear every day from those who I believe, can

not protect us, one bit.

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/