RE: Are nukes making you fat? -- worth responding to !

Ruth wrote:

I thought that post wasn't worth responding to <snip>

==============

On the contrary, I think it is very much worth responding to, because it

illustrates where (Canadian) journalism is going.

Here's an article by an incredibly ignorant and arrogant writer who, believe

it or not, "is currently Chair of The Writers Union of Canada."

FYI, the rabble web site also has short biographies with several familiar

names, including this one for P. Kome:

Penney Kome

Calgary

Penney Kome is an award-winning journalist and author. She wrote regular

columns for Homemaker's Magazine for twelve years, and for the Calgary

Herald for four. She has published six books, the first of which, Somebody

Has to Do It: Whose Work is Housework?, examined the economic importance of

work done in the home. The most recent book, Wounded Workers deals with

Repetitive Strain Injuries in the workplace. She lives in Calgary with her

husband, their two school-aged children, and a dog named Patience.

<end quote>

BTW, both the European Committee on Radiation Risk (ECRR) and its identical

twin, the World Committee on Radiation Risk (WCRR) are groups of antinuke

actvists, including familiar names like Rosalie Bertell, Ernest Sternglass,

C. Busby, J. Mangano, I. Schmitz-Feuerhake, J. Sherman, A. Yablokov, etc.

(intentional deception by P. Kome of course requires that the author does

not reveal the nature of her sources).

Jaro

http://www.cns-snc.ca/branches/quebec/quebec_main.html