From: Jean-Francois, Stephane [mailto:stephane_jeanfrancois@MERCK.COM]

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 6:58 AM

To: 'Jones, Pauline'

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: RE: (Fwd) Border gamma-xray devices

Hi Pauline,

How are things going in Halifax ? Back on your feet after Juan`s mess ?

I found at least part of the answer  while I was looking for something else

!!!!

Please see the following web site. The doses are presumed to be very low...

http://www.saic.com/products/security/relocatable-vacis/index.html

Now all we need to know is whether this device is indeed used at US Borders.

Perhaps Radsafers can help...

Regards,

Stephane Jean-Francois, Eng. CHP

Health Physics, RSO

Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research