Re: Dirty Bonbs & Radiophobia

My wife, a sci-fi aficionado, has a book "Atomic Children" that protrays

a child whose intelligence flies off the charts because his parents died

in an explosion at the local "radiation plant". The boy finds other

children who have the same savant trait after their parents suffered the

same fate. I was caught off guard by the relative positive mutagenic

effect, lack of information on the radiation plant and how the explosion

was presented as if it were a non-nuclear disaster, like a grain silo

explosion. The book was published in 1950, just before all the negative

mutation story plots. I don't recall the author.

Tom

--

Thomas Mohaupt, M.S., CHP

Radiation Safety Officer