From: EMCTGA@AOL.COM [mailto:EMCTGA@AOL.COM]

Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:05 AM

To: LNMolino@AOL.COM; tedrock@starpower.net; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: A "dirty bomb" question

There will be panic the minute anyone hears the words "radioactive", "radiation", or "nuclear"!  The public is still vastly under educated in respect to the nuclear world.  I have been working in the industry for over 50 years and still haven't convinced some members of my family that radiation is not dangerous and believe me I have worked at it.

Jim Harvey

Environmental Mangement and Controls

Turlock, CA

(209)667-1102