Re: Badges for surgery

What's worst is when they all start wearing them.  At

a former facility, the physicians received all new

leaded aprons with their names on them.  To show off

their new, professional images, they started to wear

their film badges.  Doses went from 0-10 mrem per

month to 50-100+!  Of course, their first comments

were:  "How can this be?" and "The equipment must be

leaking."

Luckily, they returned to their old habits after a few

months.

--- alstonchris@netscape.net wrote:

> Caveat emptor.  Some states may have rules like the

> one in Washington, which says (said?) that anyone

> "associated" with the operation of a fluoroscope

> shall be badged.

> On the other hand, if you issue badges to all of

> them, but half, or more, of them don't wear them

> routinely, or at all, then you're creating a

> possibly spurious database of their exposures.  This

> was a real problem for me, at one place I worked.

> Cheers

> cja

=====

"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist