AW: Norwegian radiation authorities issue lightning fast permit forreactivation of a leaking reactor

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Gerry Blackwood

Gesendet: Montag, 02. Februar 2004 18:22

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Norwegian radiation authorities issue lightning fast permit for

reactivation of a leaking reactor

UPDATED: February 1, 2004

http://www.bellona.no/en/international/russia/nuke_industry/32415.html

Norwegian radiation authorities issue lightning fast permit for

reactivation of a leaking reactor

Gerry,

Your information is clearly from "Bellona". Bellona is to my knowledge an

NGO in Norway, I do not know about their connections, but they seem to be a

kind of Greenpeace organisation, at least their goals seem to be the same.

Scandinavian Environmental groups are to my knowledge always much more

focussing on reality than those in other countries. Nevertheless they depend

on financial contributions from the population and from certain industries -

just as Greenpeace does. This leads to the necessity to "find" topics which

might upset presumptive sponsors and the public - of which nuclear power and

even nuclear research reactors like in Halden might be a very good choice.

These messages have to be taken seriously. Bellona critizises, that they

have not been involved in the decision making. This is absolutely

unacceptable. Bellona (like Greenpeace) has no democratic legitimation to be

involved in any decisions process. They have no right to "demand" to be

informed and asked for their opinion. I do not know anything about the

Bellona organisation, but nobody can deny, that Greenpeace is a

multi-national enterprise, which is not really seeking for "the truth".

I do not know, what the real facts are behind the messages, that Gerry

forwarded, but if the Bellona messages are correct, there is in my opinion

no reason, why the Halden reactor should not be operated.

Best regards,

Franz