RE: gamma ray cascades

John, Tom,

>I recommend you use one of the editions of Lederer et al "Table of

>Isotopes". The one I like most is the old 1967 Sixth Edition; John Wiley &

>Sons because it is more compact and has everything that I usually need. I

>think the latest one is 1999 Ninth Edition; also Wiley?.

Well, I would recommend that, too, even while it is somewhat expensive.

For the computer equipped of us, I would also would recommend

- the JANIS package, available from the OECD nuclear energy agency

  (NEA) web site (http://www.nea.fr),

- the RadDecay software from Grove Engineering, sold by Framatome ANP

  (see www.framatech.com/radsoft/raddecay.pdf), which contains all nuclides

  you'll need under noral circumstances.

- the "National Nuclear Data Center" web site, see

  http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/nndc/nudat/

  There's downloadable software, too.

- the web site of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

  found at http://www.nist.gov is allways a good source for nuclear data.

Somewhat out of updates, but still usable, is Todd's atomic homepage, a nice

collection of links. See http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/neutronics/todd/nobg.tah.html

Best regards

	Frank