Re: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

Good point.  A few years, ago, I attended a colloqium where the speaker

gave an interesting analogy on the problems of maintaining nuclear

weapons without the ability to test them, which is an issue currently

faced by DOE.

This problem is the equivalent of building an automobile which is

required to start with 100% reliability at any time. However, you are

not allowed to run it until that time.  This is difficult even with the

appropriate expertise and virtually impossible without it.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com