AW: nuclear weapons

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Mark Ramsay

Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Februar 2004 18:01

An: 'Sandra'

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: RE: nuclear weapons

Having stood next to and literally touched a Trident warhead some time ago -

was amazed how small and insignificant it was.

---------------

Mark,

Having visited the outdoor museum in South Western New Mexico at a military

base, the name of which I do not have at hand I can tell your, that I had a

similar experience. Though the displayed items were of course not carrying

nuclear weapons, it really struck me, how small the Pershing weapons were

and many of their like, able to and carrying nuclear weapons. Unbelievable,

that such small and slender "rockets", a few meters long (x three: feet) and

a few

dozens of centimeters in diameter would deliver death to tens or even

hundreds of thousands of people.

Let us hope that nol such weapons will be used again. The two explosions at

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were far more than enough.

Franz