Attacking Augusta?

On 18 Feb 2004 at 14:52, Jenkins, Ken A. wrote:

> Believe me, those of us who live in Augusta, GA, do not think this was

> a necessary comment.  Ask a few visitors about the Master's golf

> tournament and you'll hear differently.

First of all, let me just say that I personally think the western

part of the USA is better than MOST of the eastern coast, and I lived

there.

Augusta may be a nice place to live, but unless you're visiting

during the Masters, it's BYOT and BYOF, meaning, Bring Your Own Taxi,

and, Bring Your Own Food, since there was no viable transportation to

go anywhere. Waiting 1 to 2 hours for one of the 2 call in taxis, if

they bothered to show up, was the norm.

So, don't take it personally. I thought Riverwalk was interesting,

but beyond that, Augusta was a very poor choice for an HPS Meeting,

where there were hundred on individuals with nowhere to go.

If anyone was offended by my comment, which was not an attack of

Augusta, just a comparison to being in Augusta, and then in a

National Park, please accept my apology!

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/