AW: Cross contamination - airborne radioactivity generation fromsoilcontamination

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Goff, Tom

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2004 14:10

An: ''RadSafe Send Message'

Betreff: Cross contamination - airborne radioactivity generation

fromsoil contamination

Does anyone have experience or reference information on the transfer of

contamination from contaminated soil to personnel or materials passing

through these areas or generating airborne radioactivity generation from

work in these soils.

.-----------------------------

Tom,

I am not sure whether my comment can help you: After the Chernobyl accident

the redistribution ("resuspension") was a big issue.

The IAEA has sponsored a large number of research programs dealing with

resuspension and even with primary contamination and decontamination after

fallout from the Chernobyl accident. The VAMP project (Validation of Model

Predictions) had a subgroup dealing with "urban contamination" which was

chaired by Mr. Roed from Denmark. It dealt with the contamination of urban

environments and thir decontamination. In case you really are interested you

should be able to find it on the IAEA websites. I have retired recently and

all my references are buried below or on top (who knows?) of a few tons of

references saved from my former working place.

Best regards,

Franz

Best regards