RE: Article: Beware 'Sound Science.' It's Doublespeak for Trouble

John, I could be wrong, but weren't these the same people that succeeded in

having Brookhaven's high flux reactor shut down ? (the one that used to do

some important BNCT work prior to the shutdown, as I recall....)

...and how about Shoreham on Long Island, NY ?

Here's an excerpt from an article a few years back :

ASBURY PARK PRESS May 4, 2000

Actor, model want research into radiation

By ELEANOR O 'SULLIVAN-Staff Writer

-DOVER TOWNSHIP --Hollywood and high fashion came to Ocean County College

last night for health and welfare reasons.

Actor Alec Baldwin and super model Christic Brinkley, neighbors in the

Hamptons, Long Island, spoke at a public forum yesterday in support of the

'Tooth Fairy Project," national program that collects and tests baby teeth

to determine the number of radioactive particles a mother ingested and

transferred to the baby's bones while pregnant.

<SNIP>

Both celebrities expressed dismay at what they see as governmental

unwillingness tostudy cancer clusters and the effect of radiation on humans.

They live near the closed Shoreham and Brookhaven nuclear power plants in

New York.

<END QUOTE>

 Jaro

http://www.cns-snc.ca/branches/quebec/quebec.html