AW: Strength of chemical bounds, Carbon-Tritium

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Jean-Francois,

Stephane

Gesendet: Montag, 08. März 2004 21:24

An: Radsafe (E-mail)

Betreff: Strength of chemical bounds, Carbon-Tritium

What is the strength of chemical bonds C-T ? We can find that:

C-H is 80.86 kCal/mol

C-Deuterium is 81.60 kCal/mol

C-T is ????

Any valuable references ?

Jean-Francois,

>From the lectures in organic chemistry I visited several decades ago I

believe to remember that the strength of the C-H bond depends on the

chemical structure which it is in. This leads to that substitution of

hydrogen by other groups is easier with certain compounds than with others.

I might be wrong.

Franz