AW: TMI and Mr. Cohen

I am in the very unusual situation to "defend" Norman Cohen! He really has

sent the article without a comment!

Since I regard Norm as a rather honest person he sure will not deny, that he

sent it as a provocation..... And he succeeded. The details, which surfaced

were sure of much interest for RADSAFE, so there is no reason - and nobody

did - to call him names of insult. I regard it as a very civilized

discussion and it shows, that radiation protection professionals behave

correctly and not as some "anti's everything" expect or claim.

I personally did not like the TMI accident: After a referendum in 1978 in

Austria, our first NPP, which was completed could not start. Many political

groups tried to reverse this decision with a second referendum which without

the slightest doubt would have been successful. Just during the organisation

of this referendum TMI happened. When many years after another attempt was

made to hold the referendum, "Chernobyl" happened........

Best regards, Norm and RADSAFErs,

Franz