Re: Help! (Basement radiation surveys)

Jay,

the only practical measurement I can think of for the case you describe

is by using some portable Ge detector based system. NaI spectgroscopy

might be sufficient if you know what you are looking for - say, 137Cs

or 60Co or both, but the resolution is much less than what you need

to qualitatively assess an unknown source mixture.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff                                    ++359/2/9923340

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://tgi.cit.bg       tgi@cit.bg     dimiter.popoff@firemail.de