Re: AW: Missing Exit Signs

In a message dated 3/10/2004 1:18:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,

franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT writes:

Is there any code of ethics in

the USA how the mass media would act in the case of an RDD used?

Oh, don't we wish.  There may be a code of ethics that would be applicable,

but the media, public and politicians are so very, very, very ignorant of the

facts that they will not even realize a serious breach has occurred if and when

it does.  The scientists might recognize it, but unfortunately no one will

believe us, because The Washington Post recently published an editorial claiming

that the term "sound science" is essentially code for "we want to destroy

your environment;" thus there is no credible avenue here for legitimate, unbiased

information to reach the public.

Barbara