Re: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

Howard, I do not even know why i am going to reply to this and I

have to agree with our foreign friends here. This article was

written for the sake of taking up space and to spin stories for

US Public consumption. It's not factual at all. Now to your

points....Anthrax yes is nasty, but Saddam was and is not the

only one with it, matter of fact we are the biggest manufacture

of this agent as weaponized. The VX issue? Our stockpiles of

chemical and nerve agents here in the States make what was dumped

in the Euphrates look silly and we have leaching problems here as

well. Yes Saddam proved that he would use weapons like these.

While we sat by and not only watched but made sure he had more

weapon systems. By the way, the same can be said for our use of

the Bomb on Japan. So if we are going to use WMDs to save the

lives of our troops, well we set the standard didn't we? Plainly

WE screwed up here the order of battle was taken out of order for

a political theology. That has not helped us on TWOT or with our

foreign allies which we do need and as Iraq has proven. Are we

any safer than we were? NO not at all.

Nuclear? North Korea, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and a few

others who have them, want them or are researching them need to

be dealt with while we cannot do away with Treaties such as the

NPT so we can build Star Wars and low yeild nuclears weapons. The

same goes for the smuggling of fissile materials and technology.

Again we set the standard.

We need to be doing much better here and we are not. Sorry for

going off subject....... Gerry

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:26:05 -0800, "Howard Long" wrote:

Franz and other Wishful Thinkers,

What do think happened to the 10,000 liters of

anthrax spores (enough to wipe out most of humanity) confirmed by

UN?  A

spiderhole for it would not even need the ventilation Saddam had.

In a vast

desert, It might never be found, but I will worry until its found.

Was all of the VX dumped in the Euphrates (where

some was found during the advance to Baghdad)? Was part of it,

also, buried or

conveyed to Al Quida to accomplish mutual objectives?

More pertinent to this list, did Saddam

again manage to rebuild a rapid nuclear program, with scientists

again

afraid of asassination and family torture?  The one in '94 was

revealed

only by his son-in- law (after UN declared him clean).

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on

me!

Howard Long