RE: NJ Gets Seaport Radiation Detector

Dear Michael,

You comment is probably valid but there are many things that are shipped

across the globe that have nothing to do with weapons but would trigger

detectors at, say, scrap metal yard.  Examples would be minerals like

tantalum concentrate or heavy mineral sands.

OK, if there is any information out there it should probably be not

posted openly...  but - can we please have some contact

addresses/names/e-mails/phone no's/etc of whom to ask?

If the limits are set too low, the shipping of minerals mined outside US

to numerous processing facilities would be quite impossible.  If anyone

has any contacts with people enacting the 'seaport detector' thing -

could you please ask them to do it having NORM-TENORM stuff in mind?

Kind regards

Nick Tsurikov

Eneabba, Western Australia

http://eneabba.net/