Re: AW: Pictures of Shipping Containers

Actually, the concern is not due to damage, but that

units are not being returned to manufacturer as

required.  In some cases, the company that made the

units were acquired by another company that had no

desire to be involved with the return and disposal of

the nuclear powered pacemakers.

I am aware of one anecdotal story where a

nuclear-powered pacemaker was incinerated with a body.

 The pacemaker was undamaged.

--- Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

wrote:

> Dear RADSAFErs,

> I thought, that no pacemakers containing radioactive

> substances were

> manufactured any more. They had for some time been

> of concern in cremation

> of deceased patients. Is that correct?

> Thank you for your reply!

> Franz

=====

""A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the subject."  Winston Churchill

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com