Re: Societies issue primer on radiological terrorism threats: Kearny practicalities

Thanks Dr Becker, an excellent, accurate, and brief summary.

KI can be beneficial up to several hours post exposure, but KI is also a

very controversial and sometimes emotional issue.

It is perceived by some as an entitlement, some as an impractical placebo

countermeasure which has questionable efficacy, and by many as a simple and

potential countermeasure which may be very effective.

Again, I highly endorse Dr Becker's brief statement.  I am very happy to see

the NAS report is now finished and available.

Orhan H. Suleiman MS, PhD, FAAPM

Senior Science Policy Advisor

Center for Drug Evaluation and

Research