Re: Societies issue primer on radiological terrorism threats:Kearny practicalities

The pages you cite are not in the book (copywrite

1982) that I have.

Besides shielding (mass) one can also apply the

principles of time and distance.  If you stay in your

house, radiation from the fallout would be reduces due

to the distance between the roof and outside walls and

the outside walls.  Also, if people shelter and later

evauated, short-lived radionuclides would be decay.

Basically, the activity is reduced by a factor 10 over

7 hours.

There are a number of health physicist who know this,

and more.

=====

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html