Re: FWIMBW--Chernobyl tour / mortality figures

I missed the initial discussion of Elena's motorcycle tour of Chernobyl. It

is a wonderful site with great pictures as was said.

I think the main site is at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

I found her English much better than my Russian/Bulgarian.

The one statement in the entire site which seemed to be out of line with

what I've heard here is:

"who can count how many people died of radiation? no one, even

approximately. Some tell that 400.000 dead, soyuzchernobyl report of

300.000 people that died since 1986 and this is not over, in 30 years

people will still die"

She's in her mid-20s and her father is a nuclear scientist. I don't know

her education, but she says her father is more concerned about a motorcycle

accident than her going near Chernobyl.

Anyway, I found the site charming, with the one exception of the unresolved

piece of information quoted above. I would appreciate updates to her

mortality figures.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard