RE: An HP Position is Open in Texas [License Reviewer, IndustrialLicens ing Program]

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Floyd, but I want to comment on the word "deserve"

and a couple of other things.  Knowing that a person has a PhD or MS or BS really tells

you very little about that person.  For proof, just peruse the Radsafe archives.  Some of

the more stupid and prejudiced comments on this forum come from people with

academic credentials higher than a BS.

Now, completely apart from an individual's qualifications, nobody deserves money just

because they spent more time in school. Salary ought to be commensurate with

performance, rather than what one deserves academically.  But the reality is neither of

these.  The reality is that big salaries are taken, not earned, by those willing to push and

shove till they get to the front of the line.  Once there, they usually hire someone else to

do the work while they look after their salary.

Ok, so I'm ranting.  Its only because a single photon struck my brian and induced a

cancerous train of thought.

-Gary Isenhower