Re: Numerous Transuranics found at Niagara - Help

good night America

  ----- Original Message -----

  From: NiagaraNet@AOL.COM

  To: $SENDER@list.vanderbilt.edu ; radsafe-digest@list.vanderbilt.edu

  Cc: NiagaraNet@AOL.COM

  Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:13 PM

  Subject: Numerous Transuranics found at Niagara - Help

  Dear Radsafers:

  I'm looking for some assistance. There have been numerous transuranic materials found around Niagara Falls, New York, including Plutonium, Lanthanum, Strontium, Actinium, Cesium and perhaps others. All of these fission products have been buried at the Lake Ontario Ordnance Works since at least 1944. All products were disposed of in direct contact to the soils and within feet of the water table.

  Would someone be able to tell me the dangers of these materials being in the environment and in contact to the soils and in near proximity to the water table.

  This situation, I believe, is serious and perhaps even catastrophic in magnitude.

  I would appreciate any comments, guidance or direction to address this situation of grave concern.

  Thanking you each in advance for any help.

  Sincerely,

  Louis Ricciuti

  Niagara Falls Lewiston - Porter, New York

  "Los Alamos East"