Re: Article: Lung cancer screening raises OR LOWERS lung cancerrisk

Why would a patient be treated for increased PSA?

Since when is a radiation oncologist restricted by

regulations?  How would sensitizing a patient with LDR

help with radiation treatement?  Following your logic,

that would make the tumor more radiation resistent?

--- Howard Long <hflong@pacbell.net> wrote:

> "Political agenda" or scientific correction, John?

> Yes, I would want hormesis, hopefully with less cost

> but dose equal to or

> greater than CT.

> And it's not just me.

> At the DDP meeting 2 days ago, a health physicist

> sought from me and a

> radiation oncologist how to get LDR (for increasing

> PSA, after prostate

> removal years ago for cancer). That radiationo

> oncologist had felt

> restricted 5 years ago (from treating another health

> physicist I referred to

> him with prostate cancer), with sensitizing LDR 2

> weeks before high dose

> radiotherapy for the cancer.

> Apparently, standard therapy (dictated by lawsuits)

> is becoming more

> scientific.

> Howard Long

=====

"To be persuasive, we must be believable,

To be believable, we must be credible,

To be credible, we must be truthful."

Edward R. Murrow

-- John