RE: Kodak X-ray film lowers radiation dose

I believe film will no longer be used as soon as

hydrogen power becomes the fuel of choice in this

country.

--- "Vernig, Peter G." <Peter.Vernig@MED.VA.GOV>

wrote:

> Film is passé and will probably soon be all but

> obsolete in this country.

> Digital imaging is here now and we switched over a

> year ago in radiology.

> One of our clinics uses it in their dental clinic we

> do not as yet, matter

> of inertia and start up costs.  But besides reducing

> use of chemicals with

> toxic silver [that's right silver] and attendant

> silver recovery it allows

> us to read studies from two of our clinics here.

> My guess is Kodak is trying to retain as much

> business for as long as

> possible by making whatever improvements it can.

> I visited an orthopedist because my daughter had a

> problem [essentially like

> having osteoporosis [sp?] in one bone in her foot

> because of poor blood

> supply.  The doctor was able to zoom, enlarge,

> rotate, and very visually and

> explicitly show me the problem, or actually the

> correction of the problem.

> It was way cool!  And my daughter's foot is OK too.

> Any opinions in this e-mail are solely those of the

> author, and are not

> represented as those of the VA Eastern Colorado HCS,

> the Dept. of Veterans

> Affairs, or the US Government.

> Peter G. Vernig, Radiation Safety Officer, VA

> Eastern Colorado Health Care

> System, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO 80220,

> peter.vernig@med.va.gov, Phone=

> 303.399.8020 x2447; Fax = 303.393.5026, alternate

> fax, 303.393.5248

> "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is

> lovely, whatever is

> admirable, if anything is found to be excellent or

> praiseworthy, let your

> mind dwell on these things."

> Paul of Tarsus

=====

"We Americans have no commission from God to police the world"

Benjamin Harrison

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist