RE: Kodak X-ray film lowers radiation dose

On 5 Aug 2004 at 9:56, Vernig, Peter G. wrote:

> Film is passé and will probably soon be all but obsolete in this

> country.  Digital imaging is here now and we switched over a year ago

> in radiology.  One of our clinics uses it in their dental clinic we do

> not as yet, matter of inertia and start up costs.  But besides

> reducing use of chemicals with toxic silver [that's right silver] and

> attendant silver recovery it allows us to read studies from two of our

> clinics here.

The above may be true, but as John just wrote, this may not be as

feasible for older, established, but small X-ray facilities. I expect

that Kodak, as well as other manufacturers, will continue to offer

film, and, it will continue to be used, until existing equipment in

offices can no longer be maintained, or upgraded.

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Senior Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@dosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/