Re: State of the Radiation Safety Art (1950 - 1955)

You can find some materials in the following books:

The medical basis for radiation accident preparedness, Hubner and Fry,

Elsevier Ed. 1979

Radiation and Life, Eric J. Hall, Pergamon Press, First Ed. 1975, 2nd 1983

Also the Annals of ICRP

http://www.icrp.org/prod01.asp

http://intl.elsevierhealth.com//journals/icrp/Default.cfm