241Am source wanted

Radsafers,

Does anyone out there have an unwanted long-life alpha source they wish to part with?

Our new TL/OSL lab wishes to irradiate fired clay pottery and other samples as part of the analysis/dating process.  The commercial source for this task is a 10mm disk of 175 - 500 microCurie activity.  The factory device with source runs thousands of dollars, and that's way too steep for them at this point. I told them I'd check with the radsafers to see if I could find

Thanks,

Jeff Mellon, RSO

Cal State Univ, Long Beach

scisfty@csulb.edu