RE: Amchitka

Maury,

Your friend sounds to logical to be true!  If only we could sit down with an

open minded public and say "yeah we learned a lot at Bikini and your right,

we probably don't have anything to worry about because it was a mile deep a

long time ago and turbulence will mix it so well we will never see anything

no matter how hard we look so we are not going to go look."  Unfortunately

we have to do the study to show that this is good reasoning because everyone

knows "the evil government is trying to kill us with deadly radiation."  And

when the tests are done,everyone knows we will lie about the results and

that when some small activity is found to exist as a result of naturally

occurring elements it will need to be cleaned up to standards not yet

detectable because that activity is causing all cancer known to mankind.

Yes, I do believe your friend is making great logical points but the rest of

society won't buy into simplicity.  (Besides what else does the government

have to spend its money on)

Sorry for the soapbox sermon.

Tim Hart