AW: Inventory of Periodicals for Libraries

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Hal,

I am not sure that GE will go with my suggestion, but often universities

or institutes sell officially their old "surplus" books or journals on

e-Bay. The administration is done by a charity organisation of the

university, which uses the income accordingly.

I know about that because I have in the past bought some books about

nuclear issues, among them really great "tidbits", at e-Bay. (At very

high prizes BTW....)

Best regards,

Franz

----

Energy)

> Gesendet: Montag, 08. November 2004 18:24

> An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

> Betreff: Inventory of Periodicals for Libraries

> I have a problem and am asking for suggestions/whatever.

> We are moving our GE engineering operations from San Jose, CA to

> Wilmington,NC.

> But we will not be moving our library except specific documents.

> I was told this morning that I have 15 cases of periodicals for which

I am

> responsible as to destroying, or what ever.  Most  of these are old

(not

> many within

> 5 years and some going back 30 years and they are all marked "Property

of

> GE".

> Exactly what years and how many are there I currently do not know but

if