Radium's Use in Medicine

Does anyone out there know of a historical reference on the use
of radium in medicine.  I am specifically interested in when it's
uses were halted.  Was it ever used as a therapy agent in solution
of some kind as opposed to using it to irradiate?  And when such
uses, if any were halted.  I know it was tried as a treatment for a
whole host of things and fell out of favor.

Next to a historical text, someone that has been in the Nuclear Medicine
field a long time might be useful to talk to.

Thank any and all sincerely for any help offered in advance.

Peter G. Vernig, RSO, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver
CO 80220 - 303-399-8020 ex 2447 - VERNIG,PETER@FORUM.VA.GOV is I think,
is   my e-mail address.  I'm hard to get by phone.