labeling

From: shand

Kris,

   I believe Texas is still an Agreement state, if so our regulations
are the same.  Our state regulations for analytical x-ray equipment
labeling are as follows:

Labeling.  All analytical x-ray equipment shall be labeled with a readily
discernible sign or signs bearing the radiation symbol and the words:

(1) "CAUTION - HIGH INTENSITY X-RAY BEAM," or words having similar
intent, on the x-ray source housing; and
(2) "CAUTION RADIATION - THIS EQUIPMENT PRODUCES RADIATION WHEN
ENERGIZED," or words having similar intent, near any switch that
energizes an x-ray tube if the radiation source is an x-ray tube;or
(3) "CAUTION - RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL," or words having similar intent
on the source housing in accordance with " - general or standard
labeling per your state regulations for housing sources which meet the
criteria of high radiation area, radiation area, etc... - " if the
source is a radionuclide."

I would recommend calling the state of texas department of the
environment.  You can also try Texas A&M at (409)-845-1361 for
their Health Physics Department, they have been very helpful to me
in the past.

steve at UMCP