over badging/comment

 To the question of contradictory  policy...I see the point Kristin makes,
but (as Wes put it), I depend on education,
education, education. I audit/inspect each permit site here on an annual
basis. Those confused by the switching from monthly to quarterly badges (or
to none at all), require training clarifying the differences between
exposure and contamination...(cow manure on your shoe vs driving by an
areomatic farm is a helpful comparison of the concept).
 This requires person to person time, (avoiding group training), and that is
very important because personal questions and concerns don't always surface
in a group.
I think badging everybody and their sibilings where there is no need makes
rad safety peolpe look unsure and insecure...and that weakens trust.
Trusting relationships ward off litigation too, but there will always be
some nut out there hell bent to "get" someone for something as a means to
make their existance signifigant...

Cathy
U of Mn
Thoughts expressed here are none other than my
own