the Check Source BBS

The Check Source (Health Physics) BBS is now available on the Internet!
To access the BBS, telnet to phantom.ehs.uiuc.edu (or 128.174.74.30).

I should note a few things:

1. Some telnet clients seem to have trouble with the BBS.  I've found that
playing with the carriage return/line feed setting of the telnet client may
help, as will turning off the "hotkeys" feature of the BBS.  Your telnet
client may also not be able to support ANSI video.

2. Downloading files isn't possible through the telnet connection, except
possibly if one is using C-kermit as a telnet client and kermit as the
transfer protocol.  The radiation-related files on the BBS are also
available for anonymous ftp from romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu in the
/pub/radiation/files subdirectory hierarchy.

Those that are familiar with the OS/2 utility VMODEM which is included with
Ray Gwinn's SIO.SYS OS/2 communication drivers will be able to download
files through the VMODEM Internet connection.

3. There are only three telnet-able nodes available, so if all are being
used, you will get a "BUSY" message.  Just wait and try sometime later.

4. Things on the BBS are still in a major state of flux, as it just
underwent some very radical changes (it now sits on my desk at work,
running under OS/2, and the BBS software version has been upgraded).
Please be patient, as I'm pretty busy shuffling paper, and don't have
endless free time to fiddle with the BBS.  I apologize for any
inconvenience you might experience at this time.

Enjoy!

--
Melissa Woo                  | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Health Physicist             | Environmental Health & Safety Bldg., MC225