Re: Shoe"machines"/fluro -Reply

> William Tuttle asked:
>
> >Does any body  out there know of some references regarding the
> >shoe "fitting machines"/fluro of the 50s? Were any epidemilogical
> >studies done on shoe store personnel??

We discussed this back in October, and I sent Bill a summary

> Yes, there is a ton of literature out there on this subject. Too much
> to cite here. As you might expect, its old. Give me your snail
> mail address ...

There is some general interest in this.  Enough that I would suggest you post
some of the refs

> Maybe Al Bundy will find one in the basement of his shoe store one day
> and we'll learn the real truth about these machines.

I've heard that a certain retired radiation physicist from U Wisc actually
still has one (are you on the net John??)
John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)
Radiation Biology Group
Medical College of Wisconsin