Re: Beam Scanners

>I am interested in finding information on current commercial beam
>scanners used to model dose from accelerators.  My information is vague
>and I apologize for the lack of info I can supply you.
>
>These scanners are tissue equivelent tanks with ion chambers capable of
>modeling the dose from a medical accelerator.  The infomation is used to
>determine how much radiation should be used in treatment.
>
>The only commercial names I have are Wallhoffer (Germany) and CMS (USA).
>Does anyone have addition information or know where I can find more
>information?
>
>Any help is appreciated,
>
>Stephanie
>Oak Ridge

The article by L.J. Humphries and J.A. Purdy, "Ion chamber
instrumentation,, bean scanning systems and calibration phantoms for
radiation dosimetry," in Advances in Radiation Oncology Physics -
Dosimetry, Treatment Planning, and Brachytherapy, published by
AAPM. It has lists of scanners and characteristics etc for a
large number of such devices.

Zuofeng Li
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
Washington Univ. School of Medicine