Subject: References - Environmental Impact of Nuclear Weapons
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ccsmtp
Date:    3/1/95 12:16 PM

Dear RadSafers:

I am searching for references to the effects of nuclear weapons on the
environment.  I would like to know of any references to studies focusing on:

 - the effects on soils, water, air, fisheries, wildlife, human, social, and
cultural resources - short and long term effects.

 - environmental lessons learned from the nuclear weapons test programs of the
U.S., Former Soviet Union and others.

 - short and long term environmental effects in/near Hiroshima and Nagasaki

We are building a database of references to environmental impact of nuclear
weapons.  I am searching for references and where I might find them.  Any
publications you can point me toward will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance for your help.

Isaac A. Kunz
Second Lieutenant, U. S. Air Force, BSC
Interservice Nuclear Weapons School