Re: animal restraints

          Most x-ray vendors can get animal restraints and blocks.  I
          have seen many which were homemade from foam rubber.  Some
          were simply wedges others were a large block of foam with a
          V cut into it for the animal.  Many Vets attach boat cleats
          at several points around the table.  These allow a slip loop
          to be put onto a leg and then drawn snugly to hold the
          animal in place.  I have also seen OFA hips done on an
          animal using a towel to position the knees and surgical tape
          to hold it all in place.  If you want to e-mail me directly
          I can put you in touch with a group that does seminars on
          animal positioning.  They feel any human restraint 9.5 times
          out of 10 is unecessary.

          Gene